Founded in 1912, AF Group (Lansing, Mich.) and its subsidiaries are a premier provider of innovative insurance solutions. Rated “A-” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, AF Group is a nationally recognized holding company conducting business through its brands (click each brand to visit their respective websites):
Accident Fund Insurance Company of America has provided workers’ compensation insurance coverage since 1912. As the WorkSafe People™ and a leading provider of workers’ compensation coverage across the United States, we partner with independent agents to provide small to mid-size businesses with exceptional claims expertise, unrivaled loss control services and extensive online safety resources and training.
Accident Fund is licensed in 50 states and partners with independent agencies in 19 core states, primarily in the Midwest and Southeast. Our proven business model reflects the following strategic components:
- An efficient agency portal that provides minimal input and maximum effectiveness for the distribution force
- Leading-edge predictive analytics
- Exceptional claims handling with innovative medical management processes
- Superior analysis of economic, financial and medical trends that provide keen market insight
United Heartland is a leading regional workers’ compensation carrier specializing in education, health care, long-term care facilities, manufacturing, nonprofits, social services and wholesale/retail industry segments. Our high-touch service model and broad experience allow us to be nimble and responsive to effectively manage large accounts with complex needs.
With a highly-customized approach to loss control, claims management and underwriting, United Heartland uses innovative data analytics to control the cost of workers’ compensation medical claims. Through collaborative partnerships, our knowledgeable employees deliver the ultimate insurance program while building long-term relationships with our customers and valued partners.
CompWest Insurance Company is a dynamic provider of workers’ compensation insurance in California and select Western states, targeting customers in health care, hospitality, manufacturing, professional services, retail and wholesale services, and artisan contractors, ranging in premium up to $1,500,000 (maximum of $250,000 for artisan contractors).
We provide leading strategies to small and mid-market employers who desire to achieve long-term cost savings. Our effective business model features:
- Strong underwriting discipline integrated with data analytics to ensure consistent risk evaluation and pricing aligned with exposure
- Dedicated accident prevention consultants who work directly with our partner agents and claims examiners to identify and address loss trends while serving as a safety resource
- Partner agents who endorse the CompWest value proposition and our Workers’ Compensation with Care® philosophy
Third Coast Underwriters (3CU) specializes in workers’ compensation and is dedicated to understanding and actively managing complex workers’ compensation risk with an unwavering attention to service. Serving customers with a minimum premium of $150,000 and a focus on Midwest, Gulf and select Southeastern states, we specialize in underserved markets including construction, specialty transportation, energy (gas & oil), emerging markets, longshore and mergers and acquisitions.
Since our inception, 3CU has focused on one central premise — exceeding our customers’ expectations. Customers choose 3CU because:
- Partnership builds trust—Our customers value proactive, consultative service from their carrier, and we actively partner to improve the overall cost of risk and to drive down claims costs
- Outcomes matter—3CU focuses on reducing accidents and increasing productivity and profits
- Ease of doing business is important—Our customers come first and our internal operations reflect it