AF Specialty provides fronting services and captive solutions to insurance carriers, managing general agents, reinsurance intermediaries and captive managers seeking a fronting facility to place well-managed, turnkey commercial property and casualty programs.
This exceptional product provides eligible partners with multiple entities of fronting paper that are rated “A-” (Excellent), which allows us to write a broad spectrum of coverages on a national platform.
How We’re Different
AF Specialty is unique from other fronting carriers with its ability to retain underwriting risk on select accounts (approximately 20% or less, supported by AF Group’s $1 billion of GAAP equity) based on a specific program’s profitability and supporting data.
AF Group’s fronting services are supported by best-in-class in-house underwriting and claim management, actuarial support and flexible reinsurance structures that are enhanced with captive solutions, promoting an effective and expedient evaluation process from start to finish. AF Specialty is truly a specialized product to meet your needs.
- Existing turnkey program with policy issuance system, claims handling and bridge capabilities
- Generates a minimum of $10 million of annualized premium. (Note: Opportunities below $10 million considered when supported by established expertise, management systems and sufficient financial ability to securitize the program)
- Business plan supported by pro forma financials
- 3-5 year loss history (100% reinsured programs may be considered)
- Well-articulated niche, state and industry guidelines that target commercial property & casualty products
- Product distribution system
- Strong counter-party credit worthiness
- Best-in-class operational services
The Collective Strength of AF Group
With a history spanning over 100 years, AF Group has grown into one of the most respected and largest insurance providers in the U.S., serving employers through four primary insurance brands:
With an “A-” (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and a century of experience, AF Group partners with more than 2,500 agent locations and is supported by more than 1,200 teammates who are committed to innovation, collaboration and caring through brands licensed in 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Collectively, the organization generates $1.4 billion in premium annually. Our team of leading insurance professionals includes actuarial science, property and casualty underwriting, regulatory and financial management, program management, claim administration and captive management.
The collective strength of AF Specialty and AF Group allows consideration of a broad spectrum of business segments and property/casualty coverage.
Eric M. Halter, CPA
Office: (704) 554-4751
Cell: (704) 574-9343
Keith Plummer, MBA
Office: (517) 708-5661
Cell: (517) 648-9885
About AF Specialty
AF Specialty is a division of AF Group providing fronting capacity and captive solutions.