S.A.F.E. Campaign – Preparing your Organization for Winter Weather
As winter weather approaches, we’re once again rolling out our S.A.F.E. Slip and Fall Elimination campaign to help your business prepare for changing weather conditions.
Winter Weather Safety Program
Every company should have a written program that outlines the procedures for monitoring changes to winter weather conditions, as well as the process of communicating severe weather advisories and alerts to employees. The program should include:
- The types of alert systems used
- Employee responsibilities
- Communication and notification systems
- Facility closing procedures and call in phone numbers
- Information technology systems used
Prepare your Business before Winter Weather Hits
We encourage you to think about how best to prepare your business for the winter season before winter arrives, including:
- Ensuring you have access to weather advisory alert systems.
- Tuning up snow blowers and other snow removal equipment.
- Having a plan in place when off-premise work is necessary.
- Maintaining a supply of salt and other ice melters.
- Obtaining proper footwear for the winter season.
- Putting entryway mats and housekeeping supplies in place.
Want to know more?
Visit our S.A.F.E site frequently and be sure to download the materials to use in your workplace.