S.A.F.E. – Preventing Slips and Falls
Providing safe walking surfaces for your employees is a must — especially in the midst of winter weather. By using ice melter on sidewalks, parking lots and other frequently traveled areas, you will protect your employees from slip and fall accidents when at work, even on the nastiest days winter has in store.
When choosing an ice-melting product for your company, keep the following in mind:
- The products you use should be safe for people and animals that may come into contact with it.
- Use quality products that won’t damage concrete or landscaping.
- Less is usually more when it comes to ice melters. Overusing the product can lead to it being unnecessarily tracked into the facility and can damage nearby vegetation.
- Following directions for ice melters is important for determining quantity and to ensure proper personal protective equipment is being used during application.
- How quickly ice melters work varies depending on the materials the product is made from and the outdoor temperature. It’s important to use products that melt at the temperatures that generally occur in your region.
- Use track mats inside and outside your entrances and clean them with a mop or vacuum throughout the day.
Visit our S.A.F.E. site frequently and be sure to download the materials to use in your workplace. Accident Fund policyholders can also log into our website for a variety of additional safety tools and tips.
Introducing: The New AccidentFund.com
As a leader in the workers’ compensation marketplace, we are constantly creating new tools and services to make it easy to do business with us. And that’s why we’re excited to announce the launch of our new website, which features great new functionality and content.
The new AccidentFund.com offers improved tools and navigation including:
- Full site search
- Mobile-friendly design that adapts to any mobile device
- Simplified and organized content
- A new ‘Find an Agent’ tool
We’ve also rebuilt our Policyholder Toolbox, which offers a wealth of resources, including marketing materials, safety tools and helpful claims and fraud information. Our new ‘Knowledge’ section demonstrates our workers’ compensation expertise, including case studies, white papers and videos about various topics related to the business.
While the majority of our safety and claims tools will be available on our new public site, policyholders will still need to log in to the Secure Toolbox site to access online training, videos, billing and some of our materials. You can also access Secure Toolbox site using the ‘Login’ button at the top of the homepage. If you haven’t registered for the site, click here for instructions.
We hope you enjoy the features and functionality of our new website and welcome your feedback as you explore this great new resource. If you have any issues with the site, please contact our Marketing Communications department.
If you’re not a customer, click here to find an Accident Fund agent near you.