NewsLink: December 2023
Message From Mike
Watch the latest video update from Vice President of Business Development and Operations Mike Valiante.
AF Group’s A.M. Best Rating Reaffirmed
We’re excited to have received confirmation that our financial strength rating of “A” (Excellent) and “stable” outlook has been reaffirmed by A.M. Best*, which reflects the continued stability and impact of AF Group and its brands. This great news is due in large part to both our remarkable team and the tremendous, longstanding partnerships we have with you, our valued agent partners. We’re grateful for your ongoing commitment and for trusting us to protect our shared customers. On behalf of AF Group and its brands, thank you!
*AmeriTrust Group currently holds an “A-” A.M. Best rating.
AF Group Named to PropertyCasulaty360’s Insurance Luminaries Class of 2023
This recognition celebrates innovation in the property and casualty space – spotlighting top professionals, teams, organizations, programs, practices and products within the sector that strive to modernize and humanize the business. AF Group was recognized for our Loss Run/Risk Management Modernization program, which includes a digital reporting center and loss run automation initiative. “This is an incredible recognition for AF Group and the teams who work every day to provide value to our customers,” said Mitch Walsh, vice president of Business Transformation. “We are helping our industry grow by focusing on the needs of our customers and creating a collaborative environment for teams to thrive …”
The Story that Counts
To us, injured workers aren’t just a number … or file folder of claim notes. They’re real people who want to get back to their family, job and everyday life. They’re the reason we do what we do. They’re what matters — they’re the story that counts.
On Sept. 18, 2014, everything changed for Terry Begnoche, a site manager at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society’s Shipwreck Museum and Light Station in Whitefish Point, Michigan. A routine diving day took a drastic and frightening turn. Read about this life changing event and how our teams embraced Terry’s courageous road to recovery.
READ TERRY’S STORY >
NCCI Announces Changes to eMOD Methodology
NCCI recently completed a comprehensive multi-year evaluation of the experience mod methodology. According to NCCI, the formulas and general structure remain unchanged, however, certain underlying components will be impacted:
- Primary/excess loss split point (split point)
- State per claim accident limitation (SAL) and United States Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation (USL&HW) per claim accident limitation
- G value
- Credibility parameters underlying calculation of the weight (W) and ballast (B) values
- Discount ratios (D-ratios)
For details on these changes, check out the linked resources below or contact your Business Development Consultant.
Register for TeleCompCare® on Digital Customer Portal
Policyholders, agents and carrier users can now enroll a policy for TeleCompCare® on our secure digital customer portal! For a step-by-step overview of the registration process, please refer to the user guide below. If you have any questions, please contact our team at TeleCompCare@AFGroup.com.
Enhanced Claims Payment Process Coming Soon
We’re pleased to announce an update to our claims payment process!
On Jan. 21, 2024, we’ll be expanding upon our current electronic fund transfer (EFT) process to offer payments through a new vendor, Optum Financial (formerly known as VPay), an established partner of AF Group.
- Increased security & fraud prevention – HITRUST, Nacha, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, HIPAA Certified vendor
- Compliance with digital EOR/EOB requirements for workers’ comp in growing number of states
- Remain competitive in the marketplace
This update affects two groups:
- Medical providers and claim vendors will have virtual cards, EFT and check options for payment
- Injured workers will have EFT, check and direct-to-debit options for payment
With this update, Optum Financial will manage the digital payment process, including the setup of EFTs, printing and mailing of checks, banking verification as well as IT security and fraud prevention.
An enrollment email will be sent to injured workers closer to the launch date, instructing enrollment for EFTs through Optum Financial. If this step is not taken, payments will default to paper checks and will be mailed to the address listed on the claim.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your valued partnership.
- Message from Mike
- AF Group’s A.M. Best Rating Reaffirmed
- AF Group Named to PropertyCasulaty360’s Insurance Luminaries Class of 2023
- The Story that Counts
- NCCI Announces Changes to eMOD Methodology
- Register for TeleCompCare® on Digital Customer Portal
- Enhanced Claims Payment Process Coming Soon
- Agency Education 2024 Offerings