Welcome to S.A.F.E. (Slip and Fall Elimination)
Accident Fund’s winter-weather safety campaign.
In addition to the information on this page, visit our resource library to find safety articles, eLearnings, printable PDFs, videos and other materials to help you reduce slips, trips and falls throughout the year.
Winter Weather Preparedness
Slips, trips and falls are prevalent when winter weather takes hold — and preparation is the first step in reducing the risk. Before the first snowfall, consider the following:
- Ensure you have access to weather advisory alert systems.
- Tune-up snow blowers and other snow removal equipment or consider hiring a snow removal contractor.
- Make a plan for when off-premise work is necessary.
- Maintain a supply of salt, sand and/or other ice melters.
- Obtain proper footwear (boots, ice cleats, indoor shoes).
- Post slip/trip/fall advisories around the building.
- Ensure entryway mats and housekeeping supplies are on the ready.
Visit our resource library for more tips, tools and information on slips, trips and falls.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form:
- S.A.F.E Housekeeping Guide
- S.A.F.E. Winter Weather Poster
- S.A.F.E. Footwear Poster
- S.A.F.E. Footwear Tent
- S.A.F.E. Winter Weather Preparedness Guide
- S.A.F.E. Table Tent
- S.A.F.E. Footwear Guide
- S.A.F.E. Housekeeping Tent
- S.A.F.E Housekeeping Poster
- S.A.F.E. Snow and Ice Removal Program Guide
- S.A.F.E. Salting Guide
- S.A.F.E. Poster – Walk Like a Penguin
- Guide to Creating Your Own S.A.F.E. Campaign