NewsLink: March 2023
Message From Mike
Watch the latest video update from Vice President of Business Development and Operations Mike Valiante.
2022 Agency Award Winners
Accident Fund is proud to recognize our Agency of the Year, Agency of the Territory and President’s Club Award honorees, representing an extraordinary group of high-performing agent partners across the nation.
Agency of the Year
We’re proud to once again recognize UNICO Group as our 2022 Agency of the Year!
UNICO is a client-focused insurance broker headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Its consultative and relational approach develops customized solutions for clients all around the nation. UNICO is fueled by its core values: professional, trusted, team player and positive. By living its values and providing the best insurance products, service and support to clients, UNICO strives to create lasting connections and partnerships.
Agency of the Territory Award
Accident Fund is proud to honor these 2022 Agency of the Territory Award recipients for their exceptional partnership and success:
- Foundation Insurance Group, Inc. (Atlantic)
- Powell Insurance Group, Inc. (Atlantic)
- Hylant Group (Michigan)
- VAST (Michigan)
- Swallows Insurance Agency (Southern)
- Swingle Collins & Associates (Southwest)
- Gregory & Appel Insurance (Great Lakes)
President’s Club Award
President’s Club qualifications for 2022 included written premium exceeding $2 million, a five-year cumulative loss ratio of 50 percent or less, and premium retention of 82 percent or higher.
Accident Fund is proud to honor these 2022 President’s Club Award recipients:
- AssuredPartners Great Plains, LLC
- BHS Insurance
- Buiten & Associates, a division of Brown & Brown
- Gregory & Appel Insurance Agency
- HUB International Mid South
- Hub International Midwest
- Hylant Group
- InPro Insurance Group, Inc.
- Kapnick Insurance Group
- Larkin Group
- Marsh & McLennan Agency
- Marsh & McLennan Agency, LLC
- Mid Atlantic Insurance Group, LLC
- Oakland Insurance Agency
- Peabody Insurance Agency
- Presidio Insurance Solutions
- Ralph C. Wilson Agency Inc.
- Swingle Collins & Associates
- The Huttenlocher Group
- The JW Agency LLC
- The Unland Co.
- UNICO Group, Inc.
- VAST, an Acrisure Partner Agency
- VTC Insurance Group
Congratulations to our 2022 award recipients and thank you for your dedicated partnership!
Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Group Program
The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce group program highlights the importance of workers’ compensation insurance and partnering with Minnesota businesses to keep their employees safe on the job. Raising awareness of our relationship with the Minnesota Chamber — the nation’s No. 1 state chamber — is essential for growing our partnership together, while helping to lower workers’ compensation premium costs for its members. The following benefits provide an overview of this opportunity.
Chamber Member Benefits:
- 5% up-front savings on workers’ compensation premium
- Opportunity for dividend payments based on individual loss history*
- Convenient billing options
- Free access to Accident Fund’s online Resource Library
As we continue to grow this program, a “real-time” list of local participating chambers will be located here: https://www.mnchamber.com/small-business-federation-membership.
- Commissions are not affected by dividends paid
- Policy retention rates increase when in a group dividend program
- Program provides a marketing tool which differentiates it from others
Thank you for your enthusiasm and determination in advocating for the businesses and chamber members of Minnesota. By building support around this program, we can make a difference to chamber investors and our communities across the state.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Kurash at 612-741-5583 or Stacey.Kurash@accidentfund.com.
2023 Incentive Trip
Imagine stepping off the plane and experiencing an overwhelming joyful feeling that you just can’t put into words. Maybe it’s the dry tropical breeze or the never-ending smiles that greet you. Perhaps it’s the colorful blooming golds and greens of one of the only dry tropical forests in the world. Or it could be that it is finally time to take a refreshing break and connect, laugh and celebrate with good friends and colleagues, new and old. This is Costa Rica. LEARN MORE>
Subrogation can be confusing. That’s why we created this explainer video – so you and your customers understand the benefits it can provide. VIEW VIDEO>
Agency Education 2023 Offerings
The Agency Education team has plenty of exciting training offerings this year. These courses are the perfect way to help you advance your career and improve your job performance by expanding your knowledge of workers’ compensation. From in-person classes and virtual trainings to on-demand eLearning modules and more, we have a variety of professional development opportunities that meet the needs of our agent partners.
For more information, review the 2023 Course Offerings flyer and see below for a list of upcoming opportunities:
- Food for Thought – Foundational course for insurance agents seeking to gain knowledge on workers’ comp fundamentals, claims, loss control, return-to-work, experience rating and more. Register here.
- CAWC – Foundational course for insurance agents seeking to gain knowledge on workers’ comp fundamentals, claims, loss control, return-to-work, experience rating and more. Register here.
- Building a Safety Foundation – a free, introductory training series for newer safety professionals and workers’ compensation insurance agents, designed to help you protect your most valuable asset – your employees. For additional details, review the 2023 flyer and click here.